We hope some of you can make it to the 2010 Surtech Kalamalka Classic Stand Up Paddleboard Race or even watch the event on June 19th and 20th.
There is even a dinner Saturday afternoon at the Gatzke’’s Farm Market and Bocce’, lounging, and music.
All Saturday race entries include Dinner at Gatzke’s so please let us know if you’re coming so we can make sure we get the right amount of foody goody. Email email@example.com
From the top of our paddle, here are 10 reasons to race the Kalamalka Classic:
- The Oyama area, especially Kaloya Park, is an amazing green-water SUP experience.
- Gatzke’s is hosting a dinner on Saturday night that have a stage, Bocce’ pits, hammocks and good food
- The race is open to new and experienced paddlers. Two races on Saturday (Rec and Open)
- Sunday’s race is a 10-miler from Oyama to Kal Beach – King/Queen of Kalamalka Lake. Do it to win or just to say you did.
- Free board demos from Surftech on Saturday
- Connect with SUP’sters from Washington, Vancouver, Alberta and around BC
- It’s Summer Solstice weekend so there’s plenty of daylight
- Gatzke’s is serving up a Father’s Day breakfast on Sunday
- There are cool prizes from Surftech, Sitka, Kalavida, and Werner
- The event is being covered by Stand Up Paddle Magazine, Paddlesurf.ca and OK SUP.
VIEW ENTRY FORM HERE