Kevin and the Kalamalka Lake crew are starting up a Summer Stand Up Paddleboard race series, and the opening event is coming Saturda June 5th, 2010.
Here are the details…
Want to try SUP racing for the first time? Then this race is for you and your friends. It’s the 1st event in the Kalavida Summer SUP Series and a great way to try out racing for the first time. The folks at Kalavida Surf Shop are supporting it and the first event goes Saturday, June 5 at Kalamalka Beach in Vernon, BC. Wait…. there’s more
The race is open to everyone from newbie’s to SUPerstars and the course will start from Kal Beach and there will be categories for newbies and advanced paddlers. If you haven’t raced a SUP event before, then this is the perfect way to start. The event is partnering with SPrKL (The Society for the Protection of Kalamalka Lake) to raise awareness for our local lake and to make it even more exciting, the event is being filmed for the popular TV program, X-Weighted.
For those who don’t own a board yet, there is special rate for entry + board and paddle so that as many people can participate as possible.
In addition to the race, there will be free board demos, fun races, music and more.
- Date: Saturday, June 5
- Location: Kalamalka Beach, Vernon BC
- Events: Short Course (1 mile) / Long Course (3 miles)
- Registration: At Kalavida Surf Shop or PDF online (coming soon)
- Fees: Short Course: $15 / Long Course: $15 / Both races: $25 (partial proceeds go to SPrKL)
- Don’t own a board yet? >> Entry Fee and Board Rental Special: $35 for one event/ $45 for both events
- Times: Registration – Before June 5, at the store or PDF online (coming). Day of the Race: 8:00-9:00am
- Board sizes: 12′6″ and under only
- Classes: Separate classes for men and women
Click here for all the info!