Here’s 10 Fresh reasons to be a part of the 6th Annual Kalamalka Classic SUP Festival
1. Kalamalka Lake – Enjoy a weekend of padding and play on one of Canada’s most scenic lakes. Find out what Malka actually means….
2. Kalamalka Crossing – The 10 mile scenic trek across the length of the lake. Do it for fun, to check it off your bucket list or perhaps a chance to earn a Canadian Championship title. This year’s trek is recognized as the first-ever Canadian SUP Championship.
3. Prizes and Prize Money – Tons of prizes from sponsors for all events and prize money for the King and Queen of Kalamalka. Over $6,000 in cash and prizes to be awarded.
4. Dinner on the Beach -Kick back after the day’s events and enjoy dinner on Kalamalka Beach.
5. Meet new paddlers – It’s a great chance to connect the ever growing community of paddlers where you’ll meet folk from across Canada and the US.
6. Kid Friendly – There are a variety of events on Saturday just for kids including the Keiki Holo Kids race. Add in some face painting, drawing contests and a good time at the beach.
7. WikiHolo – A spectator friendly event that serves up an exciting short course with a beach start, beach runs and a course that keeps everyone on their feet.
8. Team Relay & Beach Flags – Saturday afternoon is all about fun. There’s more prizes and fun for the Team Relay race this year!
9. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Vernon – There’s lots to do in the region including a variety of family-friendly places. Try Davison’s Orchard, Planet Bee, Silver Star Mtb Park, Sparking Hill, Predator Ridge Golf and even Oyama Zipline.
10. Demo Zone – Try out new boards and paddles from Starboard and Rogue
More information at KalamalkaClassic.com