It’s less than two weeks until the Kalamalka Classic, presented by Quiksilver Waterman, so if you’re still considering the trip, here’s our top 10 reasons to race the ‘Kal Classic’ this year.
But before you get to the list, we wanted to let you know that Standup Paddle Magazine will be covering the race so you’ll get to see it in the fall issue – How cool is that?
Check out the official website at www.kalamalkaclassic.com for the details and come join us.
From the top of our paddle, here are 10 reasons to race the Kalamalka Classic:
- Kalamalka Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in the country
- Quiksilver is presenting the race this year and that means prizes galore
- Standup Paddle Magazine is covering the race – you could be famous
- The new sprint event will be a full blown heckle fest – guaranteed!
- You’ll get to see Norm Hann’s new movie ‘Standup’ on Saturday night
- Sunday’s race is a 10-miler from the South to North end of the lake – Do it to win, beat your time, or to just to say you did it
- Free board demos from Naish, Rogue and Surftech with paddles from Werner and Quickblade
- Connect with SUP’sters from Washington, California, Hawaii, Vancouver, Alberta and across the province
- Win prizes from Naish, Dakine, Ocean Minded, Rogue, Surftech, Nature’s Fare, Werner Paddles and more
- And last but not least, it’s Summer Solstice weekend so there’s plenty of daylight